Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Storytelling

When I think of storytelling, I think of a wide variety of things; however, there is one very distinct personal experience of mine that sticks out the most. When my brother and I were little kids (before kindergarten) our mother would always take us to "story time" at the library, and we would have to go to a room with a bunch of others our age and the "storyteller" leaving our parents behind. I was attached to my mom. So... that didn't go over well at all. I made up  my mind that  I did not like it there, did not like the "storyteller", and was not going to go. I wanted to stay with my mommy. I ended up being torn away from my mom, carried in there, and stuck next to the "mean lady" as I called her. I decided that this wasn't going to go over at all; so, I sneaked out of the room when she was distracted with some other little kid to go looking for my mommy. That's what she gets for leaving the door half open. Anyway, I got lost. When I  was walking around the office rooms, a lady saw me and came out and took me back to the room and shut the door behind me. After that, we never came back, or I was not really allowed to come back or something like that. So that is my experience with storytelling.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no - so I'm sure your experience with storytelling doesn't really fly with what we are talking about in class...sorry about that, Shannon! :)

    ReplyDelete