Sunday, October 3, 2010
behind the cover
I know that you are not suppose to judge books by their covers but that is the sole reason that I chose the book i did for this reading project to be quite honest with you. I chose White Tiger by Aravind Adiga simply because I liked the title. I wanted a book that was more on the uplifting side, and I LOVE cats in general but especially white tigers (lucky for me that our school's mascot is a tiger). So just by the cover titles of the books the choice was clear for me; in fact, it was so clear that I didn't see any other options. It is the only book that pounced out at me from the list and I have my mind set on it going to be a good book for me. So I bet you all can guess which book I ended up getting. Yes, White Tiger, obviously. In fact, I am not alone. I have had others come and tell me that they too have picked books, especially this book in particular, just because they liked the cover. I do believe that judging a book as a good book by its cover can help your outlook on it as a whole because if you are determined that it will be a good book, your mind will probably make it a good book for you. However, if you are doubting if it will be good or not, giving it the benefit of the doubt and not judging it is probably the best way to go so you won't already have the mind set that it's not going to be good, and then you can enjoy it more than if you judged it as a not so good book. Because it is in fact what's behind the cover that counts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
People say not to judge a book by its cover, but I do it too. I think it's the most effective way after flipping a coin.
ReplyDelete