Monday, October 11, 2010
being on top
I chose to read White Tiger for my outside reading. It's about an entrepreneur in India and story to the secrets of his success. I can relate with Belram's (the main character) background to an extinct and I agree with his philosophy. He started out small and built himself up by himself and made a name for himself, and that's what I am having to do. He considers himself "half-baked" since he didn't finish school, and in a way I am still half-baked because I am not finished with school yet, but I will eventually be fully cooked in school but still half-baked in life because I will never stop learning. Even though he didn't finish school, he couldn't be any more right when he said that no person remembers his schooling like one who didn't finish it. You go to school for 12 years and then go to a university for 3 years and then get a job where you have to wear a suit and are still under somebody else. Self taught is the best kind, and if you are a self taught entrepreneur you are on top, there is no one above you. You have to find your own way that's best for you and live your own life. You have to your own things (or in Mr. Rasco's stock market watch, stocks) and not copy someone else because if you do, you will always be one step behind your information and almost never pass them and get ahead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment