"You can boast about anything if it's all you have. Maybe the less you have, the more you are required to boast."
— John Steinbeck (East of Eden)
— John Steinbeck (East of Eden)
On the west side of East of Eden meaning the beginning, the beginning of the book being west metaphorically speaking.
My first impressions of East of Eden:
after I started reading it- This might actually be a decent book.
what made an impression on me- the quote above
This quote is so true. Coming from a family that doesn't have much to start with, I know that whenever I get something I am grateful that I received it and excited to tell people about it (and most of the time their reactions are "it's about time"). When you don't have much of anything else, the one thing you do have is pride so that's what you show.
No comments:
Post a Comment