Sunday, October 17, 2010

Freedom and Nature of Humans

"Free people don't know the value of freedom, that's the problem." This is the quote from White Tiger that has  stuck with the closest, so far. We were raised "free" but all we can see is all our restrictions. For this, I give the credit mostly to how we were raised. We don't know what we never learned, and we didn't learn what we weren't taught (whether by our own doings or by others). People are so blinded by their own situations and circumstances that they can't even see outside their own little worlds, and half the time they are completely unaware of their surroundings. If people would only open one eye and see that they have it good, they could help others that don't. That goes against what they were taught though, to fend for themselves and take care of them only. We are so stuck in our one little spot that we don't even notice the world passing by us. We take so much for granted. We take our freedom for granted. Sadly, most of us won't realize this at all unless they are ripped away from it. You never know what you have until it's gone. I was taking where I live in the country for granted for the longest time until just recently when I was with my friend who lives in town. We were at their house and they mentioned that they never really ever seen stars, only airplanes. So one night I asked them to take me home for once and they did. When we got out at my house, I told them to look up. They got so excited; the expression of joy on their face was so convicting to me. Now every night, I look up at the sky and say "Thanks" to God for blessing me with the stars that no one else seems to see. Take advantage of what you once were taking for granted. Don't wait until it's too late.

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading this blog! so many people live there lives in the past that we need to remember to keep moving foward and stay out of our "rear view mirror"

    ReplyDelete