This week we got to work on our projects more and fine tune our ideas, but as we all know, we all got a major set back to where we had to put our project on halt. My group wanted to do something for the school's koi pond (and yes we do have a koi pond located behind the ag barn) and after talking with Mr. Hobbs, we came up with writing a grant for replacing the fence and put in a gate out there and having the art club paint it with what they felt was beautiful (with in reason). We originally wanted to put in benches, start a club up to clean and maintain the pond, and paint the fence, but found out that the pond is suppose to be green because that's just the way they are and that the landscaping class maintains the pond but the best thing that we could do would be to replace the fence which actually mad it a lot easier on us. The art club was really excited about our project and we even got Mr. Hobbs to agree to let teacher be able to teach their class in the area for the day every so often so it could be enjoyed by everyone. We had big ideas but... that apparently won't happen; thank you Mrs. Cook we don't appreciate it just coming in and crushing our dreams.
I learned a lot during this project about koi ponds and fencing and writing grants. We had our outline for our grant and even picked out a cute white picket fence and got the prices, but now we can't even continue. I guess I just gained knowledge for future reference but most importantly I also learned some about my group members and built a stronger friendship with them that I otherwise would not have because to be quite honest I probably wouldn't even had talked with if I didn't have to.
To my group members: It was fun. I enjoyed working with you and hopefully we can continue our project later or maybe just be partners again.
Even though our projects can't be completed, I feel like I learned a lot about starting and finishing an idea. I was in a group with people who know a lot more than I did about getting money, making everything legal, and just the simple things. I really wish we could all do our projects because not only would we be helping the communities but we would be helping ourselves be better people and better planners. Wow I really should have made this a blog...Thanks Shannon for giving me a blog idea :)
ReplyDelete