Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The White Tiger's Crime and Punishment

As I was finishing up reading The White Tiger and reading part one of Crime and Punishment, I realized just how similar the two really are. It got really bad when I had to write about Crime and Punishment and got it mixed up with The White Tiger. More than once I had to erase something because it actually didn't happen exactly like that in Crime and Punishment and managed to catch myself before I turned in the paper.

Both start out with the main character being a guy in poverty and their plots to get away with murder, and both end up murdering the people keeping them in poverty as a desperate attempt to get out of poverty and break out of the chicken coop.

As I finished The White Tiger and kept reading Crime and Punishment, I realized that The White Tiger was really only like part one of Crime and Punishment. The major difference being that after part one of Crime and Punishment the rest of the book is solely about the punishment, and in The White Tiger there wasn't really any punishment for him at all and he actually goes up in this world as the guy in Crime and Punishment doesn't really he actually goes down in a way.

First thoughts on Crime and Punishment : it's really confusing and hard to follow but it's getting better.

Last thoughts on The White Tiger : it's a good book and I would recommend anyone read it. ( I actually liked it for once and that says a lot for me. )

No comments:

Post a Comment