Saturday, February 5, 2011

first impressions are the lasting impressions

I had my interview with an alumni from Princeton and my first impression meant the world. Princeton is my dream school and it has been for about 7ish  years now, and its been my goal for about 10ish years. So that was the biggest day in my life as of now that I know of.

She said that it would be a "casual" interview... but Princeton's casual is different from Texas casual.
So I decided to go semi-casual (dress pants and a nice shirt). I was told that you only have one chance to make a good first impression, and i take Princeton very seriously. Nobody knows how extremely bad I want to go there. Every time i  have something Princeton related, it completely dominates my mind and i am completely unfunctionable to everything else i still have to do (which honestly has made me behind in over half of my classes). Now pretty much all I have left to do for Princeton is wait...and wait...and wait until March 30 to find out if I made it or not, but i feel that my interview went real well so i might have a bit of an advantage... i hope and pray.

Whenever I got invited to my first high school party (granted it was a birthday party), my mother googled their address and we went there one day after school prior to the party so my mom could meet them and their family, but they nor I  knew that we were coming over. When my friend answered the door, my mother just said, "and you expect me to leave my daughter here when you are wearing a shirt like that" (her shirt said "cereal killer" on it). My friend felt really bad, and my mom told her just to remember exactly how important first impressions are, and to this day i am still surprised that she let me go to the party and stay the night too.

No comments:

Post a Comment